Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Update

For those that don't already know I've been put on restricted activity/modified bed rest for premature labor. Little Doug is just so eager to meet everyone that he's trying to make an early debut. With him being 33 weeks and 4 days gestation, that's a little soon for us to meet him. So I'm sitting around all day watching TV, surfing the internet or reading. Makes for a long day and I have a hard time sitting still. This was only the first day. But I/we will do anything for our little one. Because it not only is a change for me but for Doug also. He's been so wonderful with looking after me with cooking meals and such. I'm truely grateful for such a loving and caring husband and soon to be father.

I've received betamethasone to help him out with lung development and we are keeping our fingers crossed and saying our prayers that he will hold tight for a little longer. 36 will be great, but the doctor said 34 is also a good milestone. I'll try to post updates as we have them, but I'll also probably fill my time with posting old stuff as well.

1 comment:

Dan, Nicole, Tyler, Bryce, & Dylan said...

You have such a perfect pregnant belly! I love it! I'll pray for little Doug to wait a little longer but it's exciting that you'll get to meet him soon. I'm anxious to see pictures! We miss you guys!