Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Official.....We're having a baby!!!

Doug and I are expecting our first child! I'm 13 weeks along and have not really been having any problems. No morning sickness, thank goodness. The only thing I have noticed is a heightened sensitivity to smells.

I got to hear the heartbeat at my second doctor's appointment. Doug hated that we wasn't there, but we had no idea they would be doing that. I think from now on it will be a good idea if he tries to go to all the appointments in case they want to spring something like that again. We actually had our third appointment yesterday and Doug was able to hear the heartbeat then. He said it reminded him of a helicopter.

We've had a great time telling family and friends. We got them together for a family portrait and took two pictures. The first time Doug told them to say Merry Christmas and the second time Doug said "Say Katherine's pregnant". It was so funny I could hear my nephews starting to repeat it then my mom starting shouting. Here are the results from the "second" picture.






With Doug's parents and brother we did things a little differently. This is going to be the first grandchild for them, so we wrapped up a present with blue and pink tissue paper on the inside and then had the words "Pick One" printed across the top. Underneath that we had several variations of what grandparents could be called. Needless to say they were excited. Here is a picture of the present before we finished wrapping it.







I promise to try and do better with updating the blog as things progress. We hope everyone had a blessed Christmas holiday and are enjoying the new year.

3 comments:

Dan, Nicole, Tyler, Bryce, & Dylan said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you two!! I can't say enough wonderful things about motherhood. You are going to love it!

Dan, Nicole, Tyler, Bryce, & Dylan said...

Dan wanted me to say how wonderful fatherhood is as well!!

Chuck Bush said...

Congratulations, another addition to the Tailgate crowd!
Chuck and Judy Bush